Wednesday, August 4, 2010

July 24, 2010

Saturday…we bade farewell to our host around 8:30 a.m., thankful for a good night’s sleep. The floor was hard, but I slept well. We washed in the big river just past Beima, and it was refreshing. The temperature is around 90 degrees as we walk along the trail, and the trail leads up most of the way. We finally arrived in Waititako at 1:00 p.m.

Oh, what joy the church family showed to me upon our arrival. Bro. Jorum was also a welcome sight, for this was his home area and was now home for a few days with me. He has taken a few days leave from Bible Institute to be my guide and interpreter. (Even those along the trail were excited to see a “White-Man”) The Church had prayed personally for me (that I would be able to come) on Wednesday and that evening word came to them that I was coming over on Saturday to be with them for Sunday services. They were so excited; many were shouting and praising God that their prayer had been answered so quickly! Now, upon our arrival, once again they were with tears of joy. What a sweet reception we received. They had made beautiful “necklaces” of flowers for Bro. Jorum and me.

At 2:00 p.m. I was asked to preach to the people, for the whole church was there for our arrival. It was a sweet time of reunion for those who were there the last time I came in 2007. I gave my testimony at length and told them what Unise had told me about praying for a missionary to come for 21 years. They rejoiced with me as I conveyed to them that was the time God began to prepare a missionary for these mountain people from their first day of praying. Our God works in wondrous ways. After preaching, I was drained both physically and emotionally. I tried to get a “power-nap”, but there were people coming and going. Is this what it was like for Christ while he was with us here on earth?

I played the trumpet in the evening as the children gathered around. When pastor Jeccania came back from visiting a person up somewhere on the mountain side, we assembled for a prayer meeting. After this, we ate and “storied” until almost 11:00 p.m. Finally, a season of sleep…zzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment