Wednesday, August 4, 2010

July 23, 2010

Both Thursday and Friday morning we washed in the river that runs parallel for our daily “bath” after breakfast. On Fridays (today) and Mondays people come from different villages to bring fruit and other things to the small open market here in Kaintiba. At 10:00 a.m. Bro. Jorum and I preached at this “market”. This was new experience for many to have a “white-man” preach to them. Of course Jorum translated for me. I sang a song and he also translated the thoughts the song conveyed. The trumpet playing was also new for the hearing of several people. They listened fairly well, in spite of people coming and going. There were over 100 there in the sound of our voices.

Some “brothers” from Waititako Baptist Church came to meet up with us and help us to carry my 2 backpacks across the mountains. One man (Unise) told me people in Hambuwinni (this is the name of the area Waititako is) have been praying 21 years for a missionary to come to these mountains. As I thought on this, I realized that was when I was 13 years old…when God began to work in my heart to come to PNG. Oh, how my heart rejoiced in the thought that God began to answer their prayer then as He began to make a missionary for them through me. The sobering thought for me was, ‘could have I been here any earlier?’ Was there anything I could have done to get there any faster…did anyone die before I arrived that God wanted me to reach for Him?

We left Kaintiba in the afternoon with Pastor Jeccania (and those that came to help) and spent the night in Beima. Beimais the place of a Catholic church, but Pastor Jeccania has been sending two men each Sunday to preach there in an attempt to start a Baptist church. Several have been saved already, praise the Lord. Pastor Jeccania’s mothers land is there and so he has many relatives in the village. We stayed in the “home” of one of his “uncles”. We bought rice and some other food items to prepare our supper.

I was the first one to go to sleep after we ate. That 2.5 hour walk wore me out! Pastor taught those that were eating with us from the Bible. In the morning, before we left, I gave my testimony to them. I told them how God had worked in my life and saved my soul. God has been so good to me…I have no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment