Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 7, 2010

Wednesday, we had a hardy breakfast at the Hotel and caught a ride into the International airport in Brisbane. One of the problems we faced by not being able to check our bags all the way into Port Moresby was that they only allowed a total of 20 Kilo’s for domestic flights. From the U.S. I had brought two 50# suitcases. (I had extra because of some tracts I was taking to PNG to distribute.) This totaled 46 Kilo’s, so we had to pay 15 Australian dollars per Kilo over the given amount. After paying over $300 U.S. dollars for excess baggage, we were able to complete the last flight into PNG.

The flight was about 3 hours long and with only an hour delay on departure…that is REALLY GOOD for the New Guineans. We soon were with Pastor Gerone Vere, a national pastor who met us at the terminal to take us to the Lutheran Guest House (a house hotel). (He had been at the airport for 2 hours waiting for us, because he was not aware of the delay.)

Bro. Bill and I freshened up and rested for a few hours before Pastor Gerone came back for us for the 6:00 evening service. He asked me to preach and I did so. He also allowed me to bring a song of deliverance on my trumpet (Redeemed)! What a time we had…even the prayer-time after the preaching was sweet. The day was quickly wearing away and so was our energy, but the kindred spirit we found between us kept us longer. The church body received us with kindness and brotherly care.

No comments:

Post a Comment