Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 6, 2010

After we got settled into the Hotel (Best Western), Bro. Morrissey and I took a good run and exercised. We needed it too, because of all the hours of flying, rigor really set into our muscles and joints. When we got freshened up, Sis. Mary Gray came out and showed us some of the city of Brisbane, Australia. We walked down to the water ferry (taxi of the river) and took it down town. We took in a few sights, ate supper, and bought a few souvenirs. She (Mary) has been staying in Brisbane for treatments to fight her cancer. God has given her such a sweet spirit through it all. I have known the Grays personally for nearly 30 years… 22+ years of these they have been ministering in PNG. They have been a great influence and inspiration to Christi and me these many years.

The lack of sleep was soon catching up, so we headed back to the hotel around 7:30 p.m. By the time 9:00 p.m. came, Bro. Bill and I were fast asleep. I slept soundly until 3:30 a.m. (July 7) and woke up refreshed. Although it was early, what a wonderful time I had in devotion with the Lord in prayer and reading of His precious Word. It was continued as I took an early run/walk filled with mediation in the cool morning breeze and ‘while the dew was still on the roses’.

No comments:

Post a Comment