Thursday, September 2, 2010

August 17

I started making enquiries via the phone around 8:45 this morning. There is a Holiday Inn about a 15 minute walk away from the Lutheran Transit House where I have set up a make-shift office in the VIP room. After several phone calls, I was able to speak with a lady in the Labor Dept. Her name is Greta and she is willing to meet with me tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. when her office opens. She did some checking while I was on the phone with her, but she was not able to find anything in the computer system regarding my application. It is possible it was rejected, and no one was notified.

Since I was not able to go any further in my search today, I used my computer to get online and did some office work. This is a real nice Hotel and has pretty much all that a “high dollar” hotel would have. To use the wireless internet, they sell prepaid cards with certain amounts of MB usage. For what I needed it for, it worked OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment