Wednesday, August 11, 2010

July 30

After my morning walk and breakfast, I began working on an outline for my morning (11:00) lesson. It is as follows:
Trumpet Lesson
Introduction
  1. Testimony of how I received my first trumpet/cornet, how I began to learn to play.
  2. My new trumpet and how I began to play in Church during congregational singing.
  3. Playing in competitions for brass solos and instrumental ensembles.
About the Trumpet
  1. The Important parts…all of them.
  2. The Most Protected parts (the Valves/Pistons).
How the Trumpet is Played
  1. Aumbiture (lip position). {my spell checker is not helping me out on the spelling of this word}
  2. Vibration (all sound is made by this).
  3. How it is held.
  4. Finger positions and combinations.
Why Do I Play?
  1. God commands me to (Ps 150:3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp).
  2. For God’s glory.
  3. To minister to others.
How the Bible Talks About the Trumpet
1. Preaching… (Isa 58:1 ¶ Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins).
  • A. A warning
  • B. A gathering a people
  • C. Short sounds, Long sounds
  • D. Loud sounds
  • E. Joyful sounds *One place in the Bible where the trumpet and a light was used to defeat an enemy of God’s people… (Gideon and 300 men)
2. Our Returning Lord... (Re 4:1 ¶ After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. 1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.)

It was great enjoyment see them take the opportunity to blow my trumpet. Some have a real aptitude to play. Maybe someday I will have the opportunity to teach some students the trumpet. When I come back, I must bring some extra instruments for them to learn on. A few of the students have been learning the recorder and 2 girls are learning the clarinet. Sister Mary, before she had to go to Brisbane, was teaching them, but now they are left to manage without a teacher.Friday afternoons at 4:00 is the time for men’s prayer meeting and visitation. Only 3 men came to go out (including me). It has been hard to get the men here involved in the ministry of the church. Kerema has become hard to the gospel and strong family ties have also been a cause of the lack of interest. The church is full on Sundays, but many have not totally committed their lives to the will of Father. Pray that a reviving of God’s people will have an impact on Charity Baptist Church and Kerema town.

No comments:

Post a Comment