Wednesday, August 11, 2010

July 29

The airstrip, I found, is a great place to walk and meditate with Father. He is the One Who has allowed me to come to PNG. It is hard for me to be away so long from my family. Not because I want you to feel sorry for me, but that Christi (my wife) has so much responsibility with the family in my absence. My constant prayer is for God to give her special grace in this time and the children understanding of why I am away from them. It was an encouragement to be able to talk with my wife on the phone just an hour after I arrived back yesterday. It had been one week since I talked with her. There was so much catching up to do. The boys had been to camp and the music collage was done. I am missing so much of all the many exciting things our church is doing in the work of the Lord, but I am also participating in their evangelism around the world. When they are sleeping in the night, their work is continuing through me and many others as we labor in our daytime on the other side of the earth.Bro. John Gray called me before I went to bed and ask me to teach a few extra classes to the school children on Friday. He suggested teaching about the trumpet and then maybe a class teaching them singing/theory of music. It is a rare occasion that any child here in Kerema (and many other places here) would ever have the chance to learn any musical instrument. There are no teachers and no instruments here worthwhile to learn. A few Charismatic churches have drums to play and maybe a few guitars.

No comments:

Post a Comment