Wednesday, August 11, 2010

July 28

I arrived safely back to Kerema around 11:00 in the morning. After getting settled in, I found out that I was to preach in the evening service (5:00 p.m.). Bro. John Gray has flown (Tuesday) to Port Moresby on his way to Brisbane Australia for a doctor visit and also be with Sis. Mary Gray. He has been sick with typhoid and hepatitis (not sure which one) for over 3 months now. Of course, Mary has been with this cancer for 3 years now and her condition is worsening. It is in her lungs, esophagus, and her liver.This is now the last phase of my time here in PNG. I will be filling in for Bro. John Gray as he is away. I will not be doing all his work…that would take about 4 men. Preaching and local ministry is what I will be doing. During this time I am in prayer that I will begin to get a “feel” for my responsibilities upon returning to PNG.

No comments:

Post a Comment