Thursday, September 2, 2010

August 14

We started out doing visits, but soon found that most everyone we were going to see were down at the “center square” for the Governors speech. When Bro. Jerry, Bro. Joshua, and I got up to where the event was we found several persons we had planned to meet up with. I was able to talk to a few of the high-school students that had accepted Christ as their Saviour last Saturday. About half of the high school students (boys and girls) were there in uniform for the singing of the National Anthem.

PNG time again: it was scheduled to start at 10:00 a.m. but it was about 1:00 when the honored guest arrived and the speeches commenced. These guests were the crew and staff of a Mercy Ship (medical or hospital ship) from Australia. There were 15 different countries represented among them, including a married couple from Rode Island. I met them afterwards in passing, and when I told them where I was from, they told me that they had lived in Lima, New York for 3 years. This town is only about 25 miles from where we live.

I was able to meet the Governor as he came off the stage. Bro. Matt Allen had called me near the end of the ceremony, and I told him what was going on in K-town (as he calls it). Bro. Matt asked me to get a message to the Governor inviting him to a meeting they were having up in Koditanga. I wrote the message down and gave it to the Governor. In doing so, I was able to introduce myself and tell him what I was there for. Since he had much to do in entertaining his guest, he was not able to visit with me long, but asked to have an audience with me on Sunday afternoon. God has once again opened a door that I did not even know was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment