Monday, August 16, 2010

August 9

One more week to go here in Kerema and I am looking to see what Father has in store for me these last few days. There is so much I would like to get done and much work that needs to be done. I am seeking God’s face to ask Him for His wisdom in doing all that Father would have me to finish.

“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you…” as I reiterate the words of our dear brother Paul to my wife. She has been the one I have missed the most. Bro. John Gray bought a Digicel phone (like a trac-phone?) and so we have been able to talk regularly except for the week I was in the mountains. There is no cell phone service there yet, so I did not even take the phone with me. Since we have had this form of communication, it has helped me to know how to pray for her and also comfort her in the times that she has needed it. It will be a sweet time of reuniting with her and the 7 precious children Father has given us to prepare for His workmanship. Christi has been strengthened by God to bear the burden and unusual grace through this time. I remember one comment she made to the children: “We are sharing daddy with others…” What a precious thought she conveyed to them and it has rung in my ears since she told me of it. I thank my God for blessing me with a Godly wife.

This morning (Monday) was another R.I. class with the government high school. Ilava and I went up again and the class is larger yet. We had 12 that came and they were more attentive this time. Maybe the worksheets I gave them to fill in and follow along with helped. The theme was the same as I had taught in the Christian School on Wednesday. It was more age appropriate, as they are closer to marriage and should be making both physical and spiritual preparation. It will be help to them some day (if not right now), as it was for me when I was their age. My notes were a combination of several mentors I have had in days gone by. God brought many things back to mind as I prepared the message.

This afternoon I combined the two classes that are working on learning the song “O Come, All Ye Faithful.” They are really picking up the song well and learning some of the music theory that corresponds with the words. It is a joy to me to teach this and also to lead the singing. This reminds me of the first time I led singing. Mr. John Green (my school principle during high school days) got laryngitis and during a chapel service asked me, of all the students, to come and take his place in leading the song “I am His and He is Mine”. This song has been dear to my heart ever since, and from this life changing event I fell in love with song leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment